Tips and advice

Caution: burns caused by giant hogweed!


Giant hogweed is a poisonous exotic plant. Its sap contains toxins that are activated by light (natural or artificial UV rays). Contact with giant hogweed sap, combined with exposure to light, causes pain and skin lesions similar to first- or second-degree burns.

Knowing how to identify giant hogweed is important in order to avoid contact with it as much as possible. 

If you find giant hogweed at your campsite, immediately notify the site owner so that steps can be taken to eliminate it.

For more information, go to the Government of Québec website :

Source : Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux - août 2015
Source des photographies : MAPAQ

Something to read

Tips for protecting the environment

Read the article

{{ uniquecode }}

{{ fullname }}