Whether you’re camping in a tent or RV or staying in a cottage or fishing camp, be vigilant. Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless toxic gas. It is released by appliances that burn wood or fuel like propane, e.g., space heaters and BBQs.
Only a carbon monoxide detector can alert you to its presence. Get a battery-powered detector and check it regularly.
Common symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are headache, nausea, dizziness, vomiting, and fatigue, but it can also lead to permanent damage and even death.
Be sure to use your appliances safely so you can enjoy your vacation to the fullest!
For more prevention tips, go to the Portail santé mieux-être website.
Source : Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux - July 2015