By Alexandra Leduc, nutritionnist at Alex cuisine and writer
Servings : 10
: 10 minutes
Cooking time : 6 to 8 hours
- 250 ml (1 cup) unsweetened applesauce
- 250 ml (1 cup) unsweetened peach sauce
- Preheat the oven to 170°F.
- Stir the two sauces together in a bowl.
- Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat. Pour the fruit mixture onto the baking mat and spread it evenly.
- Once the mixture covers the entire surface of the mat, tap the baking sheet lightly on the counter to remove any air bubbles and even out the mixture.
- Bake on the middle oven rack for 6 to 8 hours, until the thin layer of fruit leather is slightly tacky, but not overcooked.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place the silicone mat on the counter. Then cover the fruit leather with a sheet of parchment paper, pressing down firmly on the paper to transfer the leather to the parchment.
- Even the sides with scissors or a knife, and then cut the leather into long strips. Roll up the strips and store them in an airtight container.
NB: You can use any fruit you like for this recipe – mango, pear, pineapple, raspberry, strawberry, blueberry, etc.