By Alexandra Leduc, nutritionist with Alex cuisine and author
Servings: 15 bites
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) dried dates
- 250 ml (1 cup) unsalted peanuts
- 250 ml (1 cup) large flake oatmeal
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) maple syrup
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) unsweetened cocoa
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place the dates in a microwave safe dish with 60 ml (1/4 cup) water. Heat for 2 minutes.
- Finely grind the peanuts in a food processor (about 30 seconds).
- Add the oatmeal and blend for 30 seconds.
- Add the dates and water, maple syrup and cocoa and blend until a large ball forms, about 1 minute.
- Dump the mixture into a bowl and add the chocolate chips. Stir them in well.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into balls, chilling them in the refrigerator before eating them.