By Alexandra Leduc, nutritionist with Alex cuisine and author
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 8 to 10 minutes
- 2 filets (about 450 g (1 lb) each) of sole or other fish
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) Lower St. Lawrence salted herbs
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 2 stalks celery, cut in chunks
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the barbecue on high.
- For one filet, cut two long strips of aluminum foil and place one on top of the other to form a cross.
- Place one of the fish filets in the centre of the foil.
- Top it with 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of the salted herbs and then 3 slices of lemon. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Place all the vegetables in a bowl with the olive oil; combine well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Place half the vegetables around the fish and seal the foil packet.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 for the other filet. Place the packets on the middle rack of the barbecue and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the filets.
NB: The carrots and celery chunks will still be crunchy.