Tips and advice


RV registration and insurance


When applying for a licence for your recreational vehicle, you have to know what category it is assigned by the Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ).

If your motorhome is licensed for personal use (code F-H1, CA SQ SP HABIT – see the registration certificate), you do not need to register with the Commission des transports du Québec (CTQ).

If a motorhome is registered to a legal person or to a physical person who uses it for business purposes (code F-H2, CA SQ SP HABIC – see the registration certificate), you must register it with the Commission des transports du Québec if its gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) is 4,500 kg or more.

 For more information, contact the SAAQ customer relations centre

You must also consult the SAAQ concerning requirements and recommendations for liability insurance and property and casualty insurance.

Something to read

Explore Quebec - by camping

Read the article

{{ uniquecode }}

{{ fullname }}